CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
4731C Boelter HallEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (310) 825-9254
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Structural engineering, earthquake engineering, engineering seismology.
IN THE NEWS
- Ph.D., University of California Berkeley
- M.S., University of California Berkeley
- B.S., Sharif University of Technology
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2023: UCLA Public Impact Research Award
- 2022: V. M. Watanabe Excellence in Research Award from the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
- Awarded “Champions of Earthquake Resilience: Exceptional Public- and Private-Sector Research and Development (R&D) Program”, November 2015, by Applied Technology Council (ATC) and the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), for “Guidelines for Performance-Based Seismic Design of Tall Buildings”, by (in alphabetical order) Y.Bozorgnia, C.B.Crouse, R.O.Hamburger, R.Klemencic, H.Krawinkler, J.O.Malley, J.P.Moehle, F.Naeim, and J.P.Stewart, Report PEER 2010/05, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER), University of California, Berkeley.
- Awarded the 2015 Excellence in Structural Engineering Research, by Structural Engineering Association of California (SEAOC) for NGA-West project series for their impacts to the structural engineering community, September 2015. http://peer.berkeley.edu/news/2015/08/nga-west-project-receives-a-2015-excellence-in-structural-engineering-award-from-the-structural-engineers-association-of-california-seaoc/
- Western States Seismic Policy Council (WSSPC), 2013 Award in Innovation Excellence, Tall Buildings Initiative research project.
- Awarded the 2011 Excellence in Structural Engineering Research, by both Structural Engineering Association of California (SEAOC), and Structural Engineering Association of Northern California(SEAONC): “Guidelines for Performance-Based Seismic Design of Tall Buildings”, by Y.Bozorgnia, C.B.Crouse, R.O.Hamburger, R.Klemencic, H.Krawinkler, J.O.Malley, J.P.Moehle, F.Naeim, and J.P.Stewart, Report PEER 2010/05, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER), University of California, Berkeley, November, 2010.
- Awarded the 2008 Outstanding Paper of the Journal of Earthquake Spectra for publication: “Comparisons of the NGA ground-motion relations”, by N. Abrahamson, G. Atkinson, D. Boore, Y. Bozorgnia, K. Campbell, B. Chiou, I. M. Idriss,W. Silva, and R. Youngs, Journal of Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 24, No. 1, Feb. 2008, pp. 45-66.
- Elected as the U.S. National Earthquake Hazard Reduction Program (NEHRP) Professional Fellow, by Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), supported by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), 1995.
- Elected as Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 1998.
- Recipient of the University of California, Berkeley graduate scholarship, 1975, and 1978.
C&EE 245: Earthquake Ground Motion Characterization