Take the next step, with confidence.
UCLA Samueli places you at the forefront of technological innovation, at one of the most respected research universities in the world. Under the guidance of a distinguished faculty member, graduate students are encouraged to think of bold new ideas, collaborate across disciplines, investigate complex problems, and develop creative solutions.
UCLA Awards & Honors
Founded in 1919 as the southern branch of the University of California, UCLA awarded its ﬁrst graduate degree fourteen years later to Helen Cecilia Benner. Since then, graduate studies at UCLA has blossomed into 121 degree programs—fertile ground for winners of everything from National Medals of Science to Pulitzer Prizes.
- 13 Nobel Laureates
- 10 Rhodes Scholars
- 12 MacArthur Fellows
- 10 National Medal of Science Winners
- 3 Pulitzer Prize Winners
- A Fields Medalist
- And hundreds of recipients of Guggenheim, Sloan and Fulbright-Hays fellowships and other leading grants and awards.
An affordable education—with over $1 billion in research funding
In addition to your department’s ﬁnancial support, incoming and continuing graduate students to ﬁnd funding for your research projects and your education.
- UCLA offers the most affordable graduate tuition across US News & World Report’s top 25 ranked National Universities of 2017: $16,818 /yr CA-resident.
- And the 4th least expensive graduate tuition for out-of-state students: $31,920 /yr non-resident.
- Among National Universities, UCLA received the highest score for economic diversity.
- $1 Billion in competitively awarded research grants and contracts in a single year.
Graduate admissions tools and information can be found here: