ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
58-121 Engr. IVEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (310) 825-2647
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
VLSI implementation of signal processing and digital communication systems, high-speed digital integrated circuits, digital filter design
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2018, U.S. News STEM Leadership Hall of Fame
- 2017, Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors
- 2017, Honorary Doctorate from National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- 2012, Marconi Society Prize and Fellowship .for pioneering advances in the development and commercialization of analog and mixed signal circuits for modern communication systems, in particular the cable modem.
- 2011, Global Semiconductor Alliance Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award
- 2010, UCLA Medal. Awarded to individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to their profession, to higher education, to society and to the university.
- 2006, IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Industry Leaders Award .for pioneering technical contributions and leadership in the development and growth of the broadband communications industry.
- 2005, Honorary Doctor of Science degree, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- 2005, UCLA Edward A. Dickson Alumnus of the Year Award
- 2004, Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2003, National Academy of Engineering .for pioneering contributions to academic research and technology entrepreneurship in the broadband communications system-on-a-chip industry.
- 2000, University of California, Irvine Medal
- 2000, University of California Presidential Medal
- 2000, UCLA School of Engineering and Applied Science Alumnus of the Year Award
- 2000, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Industrial Pioneer Award
- 2000, IEEE Fellow .for contributions to VLSI architectures and realizations for high bit-rate digital communication systems.
- 2000, Jack Kilby Best Paper Award, IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (.A 4-Channel Diversity QAM Receiver for Broadband Wireless Communications.)
- 1995, Best Paper Award, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits (“An 800-MHz Quadrature Digital SyntheÂ¬sizer with ECL-Compatible Output Drivers in 0.8-um CMOS”)
- 1991, Meritorious Paper Award, Government Microcircuit Applications Conference (“CMOS Integrated Circuits for High Bit-Rate Digital Modems, Adaptive Equalizers and Frequency Synthesizers”)
- 1989, TRW Excellence in Teaching Award, UCLA School of Engineering and Applied Science