ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
56-147G Engr. IVEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (310) 825-8150
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Causality in machine learning for interactive applications such as education and medicine
- A. Mahajan, G. Pottie, and W. Kaiser, "Transformation in Healthcare by Wearable Devices for Diagnostics and Guidance of Treatment," ACM Trans. Comput. Healthcare 1, 1, Article 2, February 2020.
- M. Tadayon and G. J. Pottie, "Predicting Student Performance in an Educational Game Using a Hidden Markov Model," in IEEE Transactions on Education, Early Access Article, 2020.
- H. Zhao, G. J. Pottie and B. Daneshrad, "Reciprocity Calibration of TDD MIMO Channel for Interference Alignment," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 3505-3516, May 2020.
- H. Zhao, L. Wei, M. Jarrahi and G. J. Pottie, "Extending Spatial and Temporal Characterization of Indoor Wireless Channels From 350 to 650 GHz," in IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 243-252, May 2019.
- Yi Jiang, Babak Daneshrad and Gregory J. Pottie, "A practical approach to joint timing, frequency synchronization and channel estimation for concurrent transmissions in a MANET," IEEE Trans. Wireless Comm., vol. 16, No. 6, June 2017, pp. 3461-3475.
- Jie Xu, Linqi Song, James Y. Xu, Gregory J. Pottie and Mihaela van der Schaar, "Personalized active learning for activity classification using wireless wearable sensors," IEEE J. Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol 10, no. 5, 2016, pp. 865-876.
- G.J. Pottie, and W.J Kaiser, "Wireless Integrated Network Sensors," Comm. of the ACM, vol. 43 No. 5, pp. 51-58, May 2000.G.J. Pottie and W.J. Kaiser. Principles of Embedded Networked Systems Design. Cambridge University Press, 2005.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2019 Senior Member, National Academy of Inventors
- 2017 Top 150 Alumni, McMaster University Engineering
- 2016 Distinguished Educator Award, Engineers Council
- 2012 UCLA 2012 Community Program of the Year Catalyst Award (for the three programs of the Engineering Science Corps).
- 2010 Erskine Fellow, University of Canterbury
- 2009 International Visiting Research Fellowship, University of Sydney
- 2009 Fulbright Senior Scholar (Australia)
- 2005 IEEE Fellow
- 1998 Allied Signal Award for Outstanding Faculty Researcher in UCLA School of Engineering and Applied Science