PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE DEAN, RESEARCH AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES
ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
56-147G Engr. IVEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (310) 825-8150
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Communications/telecommunications, biomedical informatics, sensor networks
- Y. Zhao and G.J. Pottie, “Optimal spectrum management in multiuser interference channels,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Vol. 59, No. 8, pp. 4961-4976, Aug. 2013.
- Y.-S. Tu and G.J. Pottie, “Coherent cooperative transmission from multiple adjacent antennas to a distant stationary antenna through AWGN channels,” IEEE VTC Spring 02, Birmingham, Alabama, May 2002.
- H-N. Lee and G.J. Pottie, “Fast adaptive equalization/diversity combining for time-varying dispersive channels,” IEEE Trans. Comm., vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 1146-1162, Sept. 1998.
- G.J. Pottie and W.J. Kaiser. Principles of Embedded Networked Systems Design. Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- G.J. Pottie, and W.J. Kaiser, “Wireless Integrated Network Sensors,” Comm. of the ACM, vol. 43 No. 5, pp. 51-58, May 2000.
- K.Sohrabi, J. Gao, V. Ailawadhi, and G. Pottie, “Protocols for self-organization of a wireless sensor network,” IEEE Personal Comm. Magazine, vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 16-27, Oct. 2000.
- J.Y. Xu, Hi.-I. Chang, C. Chien, W.J. Kaiser and G.J. Pottie, “Context-driven, prescription-based personal activity classification: Methodology, architecture, and end-to-end implementation,” IEEE J. of Biomedical Health and Informatics, Vol. 18., No. 3, pp. 1015-1025, May 2014.
- J.Y. Xu, G. J. Pottie and W.J. Kaiser, “Enabling Large-Scale Ground-Truth Acquisition and System Evaluation in Wireless Health,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 60, No. 1, Part 2, pp. 174 – 178, January 2013.
- X.Wu, Y. Wang, C. Chien, G. Pottie, “Self-Calibration of sensor misplacement based on motion signatures”, Proc. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Body Sensor Networks, Cambridge MA, May 6-9, 2013.
- C.C. Chien, J.Y. Xu, H-I Chang, X. Wu and G. J. Pottie, “Model construction for human motion classification using inertial sensors,” IEEE Workshop on Information Theory and Applications, San Diego, Feb 2013.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2005, Fellow, IEEE
- 1998, Allied Signal Faculty Award
- 1997-1999, IEEE Information Theory Society Distinguished Lecturer
- 1996, Okawa Award