Professor, Department of Medicine, UCLA; Director, Biomedical Imaging Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai; Director, Research Imaging Core, Cedars-Sinai
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
- magnetic resonance imaging
- cardiovascular imaging
- coronary artery disease
The overall objective of Dr. Li’s research program is the development and clinical application of 3D fast MR imaging techniques for the evaluation of the cardiovascular system. Special interests include MR imaging of coronary arteries and blood flow to the heart muscle, visualization of the artery wall for the detection and characterization of atherosclerotic plaque, and myocardial tissue characterization.
- Fieno DS, Shea SM, Li Y, Harris KR, Finn JP, Li D. Myocardial perfusion imaging based on the blood oxygen level dependent effect using T2-prepared steady state free precession MRI. Circulation 2004; 110:1284-1290.
- Yang Q, Li K, Liu X, Bi X, Liu Z, An J, Zhang Q, Jerecic R, Li D. Contrast-enhanced whole-heart coronary MRA at 3.0T: a comparative study with x-ray angiography in a single-center. J Am Coll Cardiol 2009; 54:69-76.
- Chen D, Sharif B, Dharmakumar R, Thomson LE, Bairey Merz CN, Berman DS, Li D. Improved quantification of myocardial blood flow using highly constrained back projection reconstruction. Magn Reson Med 2014; 72:749-55.
- Pang J, Bhat H, Sharif B, Fan Z, Thomson LE, LaBounty T, Friedman JD, Min J, Berman DS, Li D. Whole-heart coronary MRA with 100% respiratory gating efficiency: self-navigated three-dimensional retrospective image-based motion correction (TRIM). Magn Reson Med. 2014 Jan;71(1):67-74.
- Nguyen C, Fan Z, Sharif B, He Y, Dharmakumar R, Berman DS, Li D. In vivo three-dimensional high resolution cardiac diffusion-weighted MRI: A motion compensated diffusion-prepared balanced steady-state free precession approach. Magn Reson Med 2014; 72:1257-67.
- Liu X, Fan Z, Zhang N, Yang Q, Feng F, Liu P, Zheng H, Li D. Unenhanced MR angiography of the foot: initial experience of using flow-sensitive dephasing-prepared steady-state free precession in patients with diabetes. Radiology 2014; 272:885-94.
- Sharif B, Dharmakumar R, Arsanjani R, Thomson L, Bairey Merz CN, Berman DS, Li D. Non-ECG-gated myocardial perfusion MRI using continuous magnetization-driven radial sampling. Magn Reson Med 2014; 72:1630-8.
- Pang J, Sharif B, Fan Z, Bi X, Arsanjani R, Berman DS, Li D. ECG and navigator-free four-dimensional whole-heart coronary MRA for simultaneous visualization of cardiac anatomy and function. Magn Reson Med 2014; 72:1208-17.
- Fan Z, Yu W, Xie Y, Dong L, Yang L, Wang Z, Conte AH, Bi X, An J, Zhang T, Laub G, Shah PK, Zhang Z, Li D. Multi-contrast atherosclerosis characterization (MATCH) of carotid plaque with a single 5-min scan: technical development and clinical feasibility. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2014; 16:53.
- Liu Q, Tawackoli W, Pelled G, Fan Z, Jin N, Natsuaki Y, Bi X, Gart A, Bae H, Gazit D, Li D. Detection of low back pain using pH level-dependent imaging of the intervertebral disc using the ratio of R1ρ dispersion and -OH chemical exchange saturation transfer (RROC). Magn Reson Med 2015; 73(3):1196-205.
- B.S., Automatic Control, Northwestern University, China, 1983
- M.S, Biomedical Engineering, China Medical University, 1986
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, 1992