ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
68-121 Engr. IVEmail:
Phone: (310) 206-8795
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
- Network coding
- Algorithms for networking
- Wireless networks and network security
- Cybersecurity and future internet
- I. Safaka, L. Czap, C. Fragouli and K. Argyraki, “Creating secrets out of packet erasures”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, vol. 11, issue 6, pp. 1177 – 1191, 2016.
- S. Brahma, A. Ozgur and C. Fragouli, “On the complexity of scheduling in half-duplex diamond networks”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 62, issue 5, pp. 2557 – 2572, 2016.
- L. Czap, C. Fragouli, V. Prabhakaran, and S. Diggavi, “Secure network coding with erasures and feedback,” accepted to appear in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 2015.
- C. Nazaroglu, A. Ozgur, and C. Fragouli, “Wireless network simplification: the Gaussian N-Relay diamond network“, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, pp. 6329-6341, Oct. 2014.
- L. Keller, E. Atsan, K. Argyraki and C. Fragouli, “SenseCode: Network coding for reliable sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Sensor Networks, 2013.
- M. Duarte Gelvez, A. Sengupta, S. Brahma, C. Fragouli and S. Diggavi, “Quantize-Map-Forward (QMF) relaying – an experimental study”, ACM Mobihoc 2013.
- J. Ebrahimi and C. Fragouli, “Combinatorial algorithms for wireless information flow,” ACM Transactions on Algorithms, Vol. 9, Iss. 1, December 2012.
- J. Ebrahimi and C. Fragouli, “Algebraic algorithms for vector network coding”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory (Special Issue on Facets of Coding Theory: from Algorithms to Networks), vol. 57, iss. 2, pp. 996-1007, February 2011.
- A. Dhulipala, C. Fragouli and A. Orlitsky, “Silence based communication,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, January 2010.
- C. Fragouli, J. Widmer and J. Y. Le Boudec “Low-complexity algorithms for energy efficient broadcasting in wireless networks”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, volume 16, issue 2, pp. 450–463, April 2008.
- C. Fragouli and E. Soljanin, “Network Coding Fundamentals”, monograph in Foundations and Trends in Networking, 2007.
- C. Fragouli and E. Soljanin, “Information flow decomposition for network coding”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, volume 52, issue 3, pp. 829–848, March 2006.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2016, IEEE Fellow
- 2016, Okawa Foundation Award
- 2015, Best paper award, IEEE HPSR 2015
- 2013, Best Paper Award in Mobihoc 2013: ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing
- 2012-2013, Information Theory Society Distinguished Lecturer
- 2011, Best paper award in MASCOTS 2011: IEEE 19th Annual Meeting of the IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems
- 2009, European Research Council (ERC) starting investigator grant
- 2007, Zonta prize