Engineering Alumni Association
Mission Statement: The UCLA Engineering Alumni Association shall support the growth and enhance the reputation of the School, foster relationships between the School, it’s alumni and the community, provide programs and activities, encourage philanthropic support to the School, and serve as representative of alumni interests before the School’s leadership.
MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
Welcome to the UCLA Engineering Alumni Association (EAA)! The mission of the EAA is to create mutually beneficial lifelong relationships between the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and its alumni. All alumni of UCLA Engineering are lifetime members of the Engineering Alumni Association. There are many ways that you can re-connect and be involved with UCLA Engineering and the UCLA campus at large. Below are just a few examples:
- Social Events and Networking – Throughout the year there are opportunities for our Bruin Engineers to connect at social and networking events. These events provide access to a network of professionals and likeminded Bruin Engineers. Be on the lookout for our tailgates and game watch events in your region.
- Student Support – The EAA provides funding each year to a number of project-focused engineering student groups. An annual student project review takes place in the fall where students present their proposals in front of an alumni committee. Alumni can also participate in reviewing student scholarship applications, serving as an alumni mentor, or participating on a career panel.
- Outreach and Engagement – We are interested in developing new engagement and outreach opportunities for engineering alumni. Our regional networks allows us to connect with our over 36,000 alumni globally. We also connect with our newly admitted students during Engineering Open House to ensure that they feel welcomed into the Bruin Engineering family.
- Alumni Recognition – Acknowledging the professional accomplishments and contributions of our alumni is a highlight of the EAA’s work. The school’s Alumni Awards Dinner highlights those alumni who have been selected by their peers along with outstanding students and faculty. As an alumnus you have the ability to nominate fellow alumni or yourself for an alumni award.
As you can see, through these offerings we hope to keep you connected to the Bruin Engineering family and part of a legacy of engineering excellence at UCLA! I hope to see you at a UCLA Engineering event in the near future.
BS ’07, MBA ’17
President, UCLA Engineering Alumni Association
EAA Governing Board
- Access a network of professionals and likeminded Bruins.
- Contribute to the growth and direction of the School’s future
- Reconnect and build relationships with faculty, staff and University leadership.
- Direct access to volunteer opportunities with students, resources and events
- Build transferable skills in leadership, communication, public relations and fundraising
Marianne So ’07, MBA ’17– President; Chair, Centennial Celebration
Marzena Laskowska ’06- Vice President; Chair, Society of Women Engineers Advisory Committee
Yue Du ’10- Secretary; Co-Chair, Student Projects Committee
William Goodin MS ’71, PhD ’75, ME ’82– Chair, Membership and Nominating Committee
Angela Murray ’12– Chair, Alumni Engagement Committee
Eddie Shek MS ’92, PhD ’97- Chair, Alumni Awards Committee
Van Schultz ’74, MS ’75- Chair, Reunion Committee
Coretta Harris ’83- Chair, Tri-Org Committee
Brooke Crowe ’14– Co-Chair, Student Projects Committee
Sherwin Goo ’87- Chair, industry Relations
Tarang Lal ’11, MBA ’20- Chair, Remote Access Meetings (Ad-hoc)
Len Bonilla ’70, Honorary Member
Calvin Cam ’13
Newsha Ghodsi ’94, MBA ’10
Audrey O’Neal MS ’99, PhD ’14
Kendra Rusinek ’13
Hoai Vu MS ’85, PhD ’89
2016-2018 Eliza Shepard MS ’05, MBA ’10
2014-2016 John Cosgrove ME ’67
2012-2014 Leonard Bonilla ’70
2010-2012 Asad Madni ’69, MS ‘72
2008-2010 Coretta Harris ‘83
2006-2008 Asad Madni ’69, MS ‘72
2004-2006 Van Schultz ’74, MS ‘75
2002-2004 Robert Green ’72, JD ‘75
1998-2002 William Goodin MS ’71, PhD ’75, ME ’82
2018-19 Ex-Officio Members
Gene D. Block – Chancellor, UCLA
Jayathi Murthy – Dean, UCLA Engineering
Harold Monbouquette – Associate Dean, Research & Physical Resources, UCLA Engineering
Richard D. Wesel – Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs, UCLA Engineering
Yu Hong Hwang – President, Engineering Society, University of California (ESUC)
Sohni Thakkar– President, Society of Women Engineers (SWE), UCLA Chapter
Jeya Vikranth Jeyakumar– Co-President, Engineering Graduate Student Association (EGSA)
Steven Moran- Co-President, Engineering Graduate Student Association (EGSA)