RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
- Renewable energy generation and storage
- Nanomaterials design and synthesis
- Cryogenic-electron microscopy
- In situ transmission electron microscopy
- Y. Li, Y. Li, and Y. Cui. “Catalyst: How Cryo-EM Shapes the Development of Next-Generation Batteries.” Chem 4 (2018): 2250-2252.
- Y. Li, W. Huang, Y. Li, A. Pei, D.T. Boyle, and Y. Cui. “Correlating structure and function of battery interphases at atomic resolution using cryo-electron microscopy.” Joule 2 (2018): 1-11.
- Y. Li, Y. Li, A. Pei, K. Yan, Y. Sun, C.L. Wu, L.M. Joubert, R. Chin, A.L. Koh, Y. Yu, J. Perrino, B. Butz, S. Chu, and Y. Cui. “Atomic structure of sensitive battery materials and interfaces revealed by cryo-electron microscopy.” Science 358 (2017): 506-510.
- Y. Li, K. Yan, H.W. Lee, Z. Lu, N. Liu, and Y. Cui. “Growth of conformal graphene cages on micrometre-sized silicon particles as stable battery anodes.” Nature Energy 1 (2016): 15029.
IN THE NEWS
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University, (Advisor: Yi Cui), 2018
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, (Advisor: Clayton Radke) 2013
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Forbes 30 Under 30, 2021 Science
- Electrochemical Society Daniel Cubicciotti Award, 2018
- Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, 2018-2020
- Materials Research Society Graduate Student Award, 2017
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, 2013-2016