RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Epitaxy of semiconductor nano-structures for achieving novel electronic and optoelectronic properties.
- “Fabrication of dislocation-free Si films under uniaxial tension on porous Si compliant substrates”, Jeehwan Kim, Jae Young Lee, Ya-Hong Xie, Thin Solid Films, in press (2008);
- “3-D Finite Element Simulation of a PCRAM Cell with a Novel Self-insulated Structure”, Ke Sun, Feng Wen and Ya-Hong Xie, submitted to J. Appl. Phys. (2008);
- “The proximity effect of the regrowth interface on two-dimensional electron density in strained Si”, J. Lie, T. M. Lu, J. Kim, K. Lai, D. C. Tsui, and Ya-Hong Xie Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 112113 (2008);
- “Epitaxial growth of two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG) in strained silicon for research on ultra-low energy electronic processes”, J. Liu, J.H. Kim, Y. H. Xie, T. M. Lu, K. Lai, and D. C. Tsui, Thin Solid Films, in press (2008);
- “A method for fabricating dislocation-free tensile-strained SiGe films via the oxidation of porous Si substrates”, Jeehwan Kim, Biyun Li, and Ya-Hong Xie Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 252108 (2007).
- “Germanium-on-SOI photo-detector based on an FET structure”, Subal Sahni, Eli Yablonovitch, J Liu and Y.H. Xie, IEEE/OSA Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), Baltimore, MD, May 2007.
- “Microstructure Analysis of Epitaxially Grown Self-Assembled Ge Islands on Nanometer-Scale Patterned SiO2/Si Substrates by High-Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy”, T.S. Yoon, H.M. Kim, K.B. Kim, D.Y. Ryu, T.P. Russell, Z.M. Zhao, J. Liu, and Y.H. Xie, J. Appl. Phys. v.102, 104306 (2007).
- “Monolithic integrated modulator on silicon for optical interconnects”, Shi B, Chang PS, Sun K, Xie YH, Radhakrishnan, Monbouquette HG, IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS 19 (2-4): 55-57 JAN-FEB 2007.
- “Capacitively induced high mobility two-dimensional electron gas in undoped Si/SiGe heterostructures with atomic-layer-deposited dielectric”, T.M. Lu, J. Liu, J. Kim, K. Lai, D.C. Tsui, and Y. H. Xie, Appl. Phys. Lett., 90, 182114 (2007).
- “Lateral arrangement of Ge self-assembled quantum dots on a partially relaxed SiGe buffer layer”, H.J. Kim, Y.H. Xie and K.L. Wang, Ch. 7, page 209 in “Lateral Alingnment of Epitaxial Quantum Dots” O.G. Schmidt, ed., Springer, Berlin (2007).
- “Study of the nickel metallization in macroporous silicon using wet chemistry”, X. Zhang, K.N. Tu, and Y.H. Xie, submitted to IEEE Trans. Semicond. Manufac.
- “Nickel displacement deposition of porous silicon with ultrahigh aspect ratio”, C.K. Xu, Xi Zhang, K.N. Tu, Y.H. Xie, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 154 (3), D170-D174, 2007.
- “Theoretical studies of displacement deposition of nickel into porous silicon with ultrahigh aspect ratio”, C.K. Xu, M.H. Li, Xi Zhang, K.N. Tu, Y.H. Xie, Electrochimica Acta, 52 (12), 3901-3909, 2007.
- “Monolithic integrated modulator on silicon for optical interconnects”, B. Shi, P. S. Chang, K. Sun, Y.H. Xie, C. Radhakrishnan, and H.G. Monbouquette, IEEE Photon. Techn. Lett., v.19, 55 (2007).