Leonard Kleinrock Chair
3531G Boelter HallEmail:
Phone: (310) 794-0009
Fax: (310) 825-7578
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
- Data Mining
- Database Systems
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
PhD (1999) University of California, Los Angeles
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- ACM Fellow, 2021
- IBM Invention Achievement Awards - 2000 and 2001
- UNC Junior Faculty Development Award - 2003
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award - 2005
- ACM Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics Best Student Paper Award - 2020
- Grand Prize Award of the Yelp Dataset Challenge (Round 9), 2017.
- ACM SIGKDD Service Award, 2016.
- Best Research Paper Runner Up Award, SIGKDD 2016 for the paper "Ranking causal anomalies via temporal and dynamical analysis on vanishing correlations".
- Okawa Foundation Research Award, 2013.
- IEEE ICDM Outstanding Service Award, 2012.
- Best Research Paper Award, SIGKDD 2008 for the paper "FastANOVA: an efficient algorithm for genome-wide association study".
- Best Student Paper Award, ICDE 2008 for the paper "CARE: finding local linear correlations in high dimensional data".
- Phillip and Ruth Hettleman Prize for Artistic and Scholarly Achievement, UNC, 2007.
- Microsoft Research New Faculty Fellow, Microsoft, 2005.