RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Two-phase heat transfer, boiling and condensation, thermal and hydrodynamic stability, thermal hydraulics of nuclear reactors, microgravity heat transfer, soil remediation.
- Aktinol, E. and Dhir, V.K., “Numerical Simulation of Nucleate Pool Boiling Coupled with Thermal Response of the Solid,” Microgravity Science and Technology, 24(4), 255-265, 2012.
- Manickam, S. and Dhir, V.K., “Holographic interferometric study of heat transfer to a sliding vapor bubble,” Elsevier, 55(4), 925-940, 2012.
- D. Mitra, V.K. Dhir, I. Catton, 2009, “Fluid-elastic instability in tube arrays subjected to air-water and steam-water cross-flow,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 25 August 2009.
- Son, G., and Dhir, V.K., “Numerical Simulation of Melting of a Horizontal Substrate Placed Beneath a Heavier Liquid,” Int J Heat & Mass Transfer 41, 89–99, 1998.
- Dhir, V.K., “Boiling Heat Transfer,” Annual Reviews of Fluid Mechanics 30, 365–401, 1998.
- Son, G. and Dhir, V.K., “Numerical Simulation of Film Boiling Near Critical Pressures with a Level Set Method,” J Heat Transfer 120 183&ndsah;192, 1998.
- Fotinich, A., Dhir, V.K., and Lingineni, S., “Experimental Investigation of Remediation of Soils Contaminated with Diesel Fuel,” Journal of Environmental Engineering, January 1999.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Member, NAE
- Fellow, ANS
- Honorary Membership in ASME, 2013
- 2013 John J. Guarrera Engineering Educator of the Year Award