MECHANICAL AND AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Bionic systems to rehabilitate and augment human function; neural interfacing and control; advancements in orthopaedic and plastic surgery.
- T. R. Clites, A. S. Arnold, N. M. Singh, E. Kline, H. Chen, C. Tugman, B. Billadeau, A. A. Biewener, H. M. Herr, Goats decrease hindlimb stiffness when walking over compliant surfaces, J. Exp. Biol. 222, jeb198325. 2019.
- T. R. Clites, M. J. Carty, S. S. Srinivasan, S. G. Talbot, R. Brånemark, H. Herr, Caprine Models of the Agonist-Antagonist Myoneural Interface Implemented at the Above- and Below-Knee Amputation Levels, Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 144, 218–229. 2019.
- T. R. Clites, H. M. Herr, S. S. Srinivasan, A. Zorzos, M. J. Carty. The Ewing Amputation: The first human implementation of the agonist-antagonist myoneural interface. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open. 2018.
- T. R. Clites, M. J. Carty, J. B. Ullauri, M. E. Carney, L. M. Mooney, J.F. Duval, S. S. Srinivasan, H. M. Herr. Proprioception from a neurally controlled lower-extremity prosthesis, Science Translational Medicine 10, eaap8373. 2018.
- S. Srinivasan, M. J. Carty, P. W. Calvaresi, T. R. Clites, B. E. Maimon, C. R. Taylor, A. N. Zorzos, H. Herr. On prosthetic control: A regenerative agonist-antagonist myoneural interface. Science Robotics. 2971. 2017.
- T. R. Clites, M. J. Carty, S. Srinivasan, A. N. Zorzos, and H. M. Herr, A murine model of a novel surgical architecture for proprioceptive muscle feedback and its potential application to control of advanced limb prostheses. Journal of Neural Engineering., vol. 14, p. aa614b, 2017.
Ph.D. – Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard Medical School, 2018
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Forbes 30 Under 30, 2018
- STAT Wunderkinds, 2018