CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
5732J Boelter HallEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (310) 794-9850
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Environmental microbiology, biodegradation of groundwater contaminants, microbial-nanomaterial interactions, nanotoxicology, applications of molecular biological and isotopic tools in environmental engineering.
- Ph.D. (2007), University of California, Berkeley
- M.S. (2001), Syracuse University
- B. Tech. (1997), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2022: Co-Chair, Remediation Technologies (RemTEC) & Emerging Contaminants Summit
- 2019: Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- 2018: Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman award from the Government of India Non-Resident Indian Welfare Society
- 2017: Paul L. Bush Award, Water Environment & Reuse Foundation
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award (2013-2018).
- DuPont Young Professor Award (2013-2016).
- Northrop Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award (2013).
- PopTech Science and Public Leadership Fellowship (2011- 2012).
- University of California Hellman Fellowship (2011- 2012).
- Excellence in Review Award, Environmental Science & Technology (2011).
- Chi Epsilon National Civil Engineering Honor Society (2011).
- 10 Trendsetters of 2010: Nanotechnology Researchers. Public Works Magazine (2010).
- CH2M-Hill/AEESP Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award. Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (2008).
- Best Technical Presentation Award. Groundwater Resources Association of California Symposium on Emerging Contaminants, Concord, CA (2006).
- Corporate Activities Program Travel Grant. American Society for Microbiology 106th General Meeting, Orlando, FL (2006).
- Best Presentation Award. 16th Association for Environmental Health and Sciences Meeting & West Coast Conference on Soils, Sediments & Water, San Diego, CA (2006).
- University of California Toxic Substances Research and Teaching Program Fellowship (2001-2003).
- Syracuse University Center for Environmental Science and Engineering Fellowship (1999- 2001).
C&EE M165: Environmental Microbiology C&EE M166: Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology Laboratory C&EE 266: Environmental Biotechnology