CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
Boelter Hall 5732JEmail:
Phone: (310) 794-9850
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Environmental microbiology, biodegradation of groundwater contaminants, microbial-nanomaterial interactions, nanotoxicology, applications of molecular biological and isotopic tools in environmental engineering.
Ph.D., (2007), University of California, BerkeleyM.S., (2001), Syracuse UniversityB. Tech., (1997), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award (2013-2018).
- DuPont Young Professor Award (2013-2016).
- Northrop Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award (2013).
- PopTech Science and Public Leadership Fellowship (2011- 2012).
- University of California Hellman Fellowship (2011- 2012).
- Excellence in Review Award, Environmental Science & Technology (2011).
- Chi Epsilon National Civil Engineering Honor Society (2011).
- 10 Trendsetters of 2010: Nanotechnology Researchers. Public Works Magazine (2010).
- CH2M-Hill/AEESP Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award. Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (2008).
- Best Technical Presentation Award. Groundwater Resources Association of California Symposium on Emerging Contaminants, Concord, CA (2006).
- Corporate Activities Program Travel Grant. American Society for Microbiology 106th General Meeting, Orlando, FL (2006).
- Best Presentation Award. 16th Association for Environmental Health and Sciences Meeting & West Coast Conference on Soils, Sediments & Water, San Diego, CA (2006).
- University of California Toxic Substances Research and Teaching Program Fellowship (2001-2003).
- Syracuse University Center for Environmental Science and Engineering Fellowship (1999- 2001).
C&EE M165: Environmental MicrobiologyC&EE M166: Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology LaboratoryC&EE 266: Environmental Biotechnology