MECHANICAL AND AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
Director of Smart Grid Energy Research Center (SMERC)
46-147D, Eng IVEmail:
Phone: (310) 267-4892
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Smart Grid, Electric Vehicle and Grid Integration, Microgrid, Distributed Energy Resource, Solar- and renewable- grid integration, Demand Response, Autonomous Electric Vehicle, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Wireless sensors and sensor fusion, Internet of Things, CAD/VR.
- Wenbo Shi, Na Li, Xiaorong Xie, Chi-Cheng Chu, and Rajit Gadh, “Optimal Residential Demand Response in Distribution Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol.32, no.7, Jul. 2014.
- Rui Huang, Yubo Wang, Chi-Cheng Chu, Rajit Gadh, Yu-jin Song, “Optimal Configuration of Distributed Generation on Jeju Island Power Grid Using Genetic Algorithm: A Case Study,” Journal of Communications Software and Systems, Vol.10, No.2, June 2014.
- C. Chung, A Shepelev, C. Qiu, C. Chu, and R. Gadh, “Mesh Network for RFID and Electric Vehicle Monitoring in Smart Charging Infrastructure”, Journal of Communications Software and Systems, 10(2), Jun. 2014.
- C. Chung, J. Chynoweth, P. Chu and R. Gadh, “Master-Slave Control Scheme in Electric Vehicle Smart Charging Infrastructure”, The Scientific World Journal special issue for Power, Control, and Optimization, 18 Mar. 18, 2014.
- “Design of RFID Mesh Network for Electric Vehicle Smart Charging Infrastructure”, 2013 IEEE International Conference on RFID Technologies and Applications, IEEE RFID TA 2013, Johor Bahru, Malaysia, 4-5 September, 2013, Bronze Best Paper Award, C. Chung, A. Shepelev, C. Qiu, C. Chu, R. Gadh.
- “Energy Service Interface: Accessing to Customer Energy Resources for Smart Grid Interoperation”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 31(7), July 2013, Eun-Kyu Lee, Rajit Gadh, and Mario Gerla.
- Electric vehicle smart charging and vehicle-to-grid operation, International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, vol. 27, no. 3. March 2012. p. 249-265S. Mal, A. Chattopadhyay, A. Yang, R. Gadh.
- Mal, S., Gadh, R., “Real-Time Push Middleware and Mobile Application for Electric Vehicle Smart Charging and Aggregation, Accepted for publication June 15, 2011, Special Issue on: Context-Aware System and Intelligent Middleware for Smart Grid International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems (IJCNDS) 2011”, (2011).
- Song, B.Y., Gadh, R., Lee, J., Lee, J.Y., “Feasible and effective IT asset management using surface acoustic wave based RFID, The International Journal of Manufacturing Technology, January 2011”, 1-13 (January 2011).
- Michael, K., Gadh, R., Roussos, G., Huang, G.Q., Prabhu, S., Chu, P., “Guest Editors Introduction: RFID – A Unique Radio Innovation for the 21st Century, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2010”, 1-3 (2011).
Carnegie Mellon University, 1991
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- NSF/Lucent Industrial Ecology Fellow
- AT&T/Lucent Industrial Ecology Fellow
- Early CAREER Development Award, NSF
- ALCOA Science Support Scholar
- Ralph R. Teetor Research and Educational Award, SAE
- Best Technical Paper Award, Eastman Kodak/ASME
- ASME Fellow
- Research Initiation Award, National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Research Initiation Award, Engineering Foundation
- William Mong Visiting Research Fellowship in Engineering, University of Hong Kong
- Best Paper (Bronze) award at the 2013 IEEE International Conference on RFID Technologies and Applications