DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR EMERITUS
ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Area Director, Signals and Systems
58-115 Engr. IVEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (310) 825-2326
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Communications/telecommunications, computer networks, multimedia IP and wireless networks, autonomous transportation networked systems, UAV -aided networks, integrated system and network management, network simulations and analysis
- I. Rubin, Y-Y. Lin, A. Baiocchi, F. Cuomo, P. Salvo, “Vehicular Backbone Networking Protocol for Highway Broadcasting using Directional Antennas,” Proceedings of IEEE GLOBECOM Conference (GLOBECOM’ 2013), Atlanta, Georgia, December, 2013.
- I. Rubin, A. Baiocchi, F. Cuomo, P. Salvo, “Vehicular Backbone Network Approach to Vehicular Military Ad Hoc Networks,” Proceedings of IEEE MILCOM Conference (MILCOM’ 2013), San Diego, California, November, 2013.
- I. Rubin, Y-Y. Lin, A. Baiocchi, F. Cuomo, P. Salvo, “Rapid Dissemination of Public Safety Message Flows in Vehicular Networks,” Journal of Communications (JCM), Vol. 9, No. 8, pp. 616-626, August 2014.
- F. Cuomo, I. Rubin, A. Baiocchi, P. Salvo, “Enhanced VANET broadcast throughput capacity via a dynamic backbone architecture,” Ad Hoc Networks journal, Vol. 21, pp. 42-59, Elsevier, April 2014.
- I. Rubin, H-B Chang, R. Cohen, “Micro Base Station Aided Failover for Multicast Scheduling in Wireless Cellular Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 5251-5263, Sept. 2014.
- X. Huang, I. Rubin, “Bit-per-Joule Performance of Power Saving Ad-hoc Networks with a Mobile Backbone,” Wireless Networks (WINET), ISSN: 1022-0038, Springer, Netherlands, August, 2008.
- H.J. Ju, I. Rubin, “Backbone Topology Synthesis for Multiradio Mesh Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Vol. 24, No. 11. November, 2006.
- R.Zhang, I. Rubin, “Robust Flow Admission Control and Routing for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Proceedings IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM’06), Washington, DC, October 23-25, 2006. (Best paper award for unclassified papers.); also, I. Rubin, R. Zhang, “Robust throughput and routing for mobile ad hoc wireless networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Vol 7, No. 2, pp. 265-280, 2009.
- A. Behzad and I. Rubin, “Optimum Integrated Link Scheduling and Power Control for Multihop Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. Vehicular Tech., Vol. 56, No. 1, January 2007.
- J. Hsu, I. Rubin, “Cross-layer design of Joint Routing and Rate Control in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Wiley, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 129-144, January, 2010.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2014, Lockheed-Martin UCLA Engineering Excellence in Teaching Award, 2014.
- 2014, Certificate of Appreciation, for over to IEEE Communications Society over 30 years
- 2006, IEEE MILCOM Conference, Best Unclassified Paper Award by Professor I. Rubin and his Ph.D. student R. Zhang
- 1999, Best Paper Award, Society for Computer Simulation International
- 1987-1991, Certificate of Appreciation for service as Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Communications,
- 1987, IEEE Fellow