Eight UCLA Samueli researchers named to annual “highly cited” list
By UCLA Samueli Newsroom
The world’s most influential scientific researchers in 2018, as determined by Clarivate Analytics, include eight researchers affiliated with the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering:
- Kendall Houk, organic chemistry
- Yu Huang, materials science
- Richard Kaner, chemistry and materials science
- Ali Khademhosseini, bioengineering and radiology
- Dennis Lettenmaier, geography, and civil and environmental engineering
- Stanley Osher, mathematics and engineering
- Ali Sayed, electrical and computer engineering
- Yang Yang, materials science
Of note, Yang Yang, UCLA’s Carol and Lawrence E. Tannas, Jr. Professor of Engineering, was recognized in three fields: chemistry, materials science and physics.
In its annual list, the analytics company names the most highly cited researchers — those whose work was most often referenced by other scientific research papers for the preceding decade in 21 fields across the sciences and social sciences. (The 2018 list is based on citations between 2006 and 2016.)
The researchers rank in the top 1 percent in their fields in producing widely cited studies, indicating that their work “has been repeatedly judged by their peers to be of notable significance and utility,” according to Clarivate.
The list of UCLA faculty members and researchers who were named to the 2018 list is available here.