James S. Gibson
MECHANICAL AND AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
Phone: (310) 825-9362
UCLA Beam Control Laboratory
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
Control and identification of dynamical systems. Optimal and adaptive control of distributed systems, including flexible structures and fluid flows. Adaptive filtering, identification, and noise cancellation.
- N. O. Pérez-Arancibia, James S. Gibson, and Tsu-Chin Tsao, “Observer-Based Intensity-Feedback Control for Laser Beam Pointing and Tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 20(1), 31-47, January 2012.
- Pérez-Arancibia, N.O., Tsao, T.-C., and Gibson, J.S., “A new method for synthesizing multiple-period adaptive-repetitive controllers and its application to the control of hard disk drives,” Automatica (Journal of IFAC), 46(7), 1186-1195, 2010.
- N. O. Pérez-Arancibia, J. S. Gibson, and T.-C. Tsao, “Frequency-Weighted Minimum-Variance Adaptive Control for Laser Beam Jitter Suppression,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol.14, no. 3, pp. 337-348, Jun. 2009.
- N. O. Pérez-Arancibia, T.-C. Tsao , and J. S. Gibson, “Saturation-Induced Instability and its Avoidance in Adaptive Control of Hard Disk Drives,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 18, no 2, pp. 368-382, March 2010.
- J.S. Gibson, I.G. Rosen, and G. Tao, “Approximation in Control of Thermoelastic Systems,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization,” Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 1163-1189, 1992.
- S.-W. Chen and J.S. Gibson, “A New Unwindowed Lattice Filter for RLS Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 2158-2165, 1992.
- Jiang, S.-B. and Gibson, J.S., “An Unwindowed Multichannel Lattice Filter with Orthogonal Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, December, 1995.
University of Texas, Austin, 1975