Christine A. Goulet
ASSISTANT RESEARCHER AND LECTURER
CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
5731 Boelter HallEmail:
Phone: (310) 206-2222
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS
My research interests are in the field of geotechnical earthquake engineering and engineering seismology in the context of performance-based design. My main focus is on ground motion characterization, probabilistic seismic hazard analysis, site response effects and ground motion selection for nonlinear structural analyses. My research also involves extensive modeling and numerical analyses with finite elements, notably for soil-structure interaction and site effects.
- B.S. (1997), Geological Engineering, Laval University, Canada
- M.S. (2004), Civil Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
- Ph.D. (2008), Civil Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Outstanding Doctoral Student of the Year, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UCLA, 2008.
- Scholarship from the Consulting Engineers and Land Surveyors of California (CELSOC), Southern California Chapter, 2007.
- Graduate scholarship from the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Government of Canada, 2006 – 2008.
- Graduate scholarship, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UCLA, 2003-2008.
- Graduate scholarship from the Fonds québécois sur la nature et les technologies, Government of Québec, 1998, 2004-2005.