Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
Prof. Ian Buckle is a Professor in the Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Current and recent appointments
- Chair, Caltrans Seismic Advisory Board (2005- )
- Chair, High Speed Rail Seismic Advisory Board (2017- )
- Member Institutional Board, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (2017- )
- Past President and Chair, Board of Directors, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Past Chair, Executive Committee, American Society of Civil Engineers Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering
- Past Chair, Transportation Research Board Committee AFF50: Seismic Design and Performance of Bridges
- He has served as the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) at the University of Auckland, the Deputy Director at National Center for Earthquake Engineering Research, and the Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Buffalo, NY.
- He was the Vice President (Research) at Computech Services in Berkeley, CA and an Associate Professor in the Dept. of Civil Engineering at the University of Auckland.
- University of California, Berkeley, Postdoctoral Scholar, 1967-1969
- University of Auckland, New Zealand, Doctor of Philosophy, 1967
- University of Auckland, New Zealand, Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), 1963